1. Which one of the following companies became the first major online retailer to offer cloud-based media storage and streaming to unlimited web or Android devices with a free basic plan?
c. LL BeAN
d. vita Coast
2. State-owned carrier Air India announced on 29 March 2011 that it completed the first milestone of its modernisation process with the migration of Air India and Indian Airlines to SITA’s Horizon Passenger Service System (PSS). When did Air India sign contract with SITA for the same?
a. January 2011
b. March 2010
c. October 2009
d. April 2010
3. NYSE listed US-based International Paper decided to buy up to 75% stake in which of the following for up to $423 million, in the first significant domestic acquisition by a foreign paper company?
a. Abhinav Publications
b. Vinod Paper House
c. Ananda Paper House
d. AP Paper Mills
4. Sistema Shyam Teleservices issued over 54.73-crore equity shares to which of the following governments at 17.14 per cent stake against $600 million received in December 2010 on 30 March 2011?
a. Italian government
b. US government
c. Russian government
d. Philippines government
5. According to the tiger Census 2010, the number of tigers in India increased from 1411 to__.
Answer: (a) 1706
6. Which one of the following statements on tiger Census 2010 in India is NOT correct?
a) The number of tigers in India increased from 1411 in 2006 to 1706 in 2010.
b) The tiger census 2010 was unveiled by the Union Home Ministry.
c) The tiger occupancy areas decreased from 93600 sq. km to areas of 72800sq.km.
d) In the Sunderbans, the tiger Census took place for the first time.
Answer: (b) The tiger Census was unveiled by the Union ministry of Environment and Forests.
7. In tiger census 2010,
i) Pugmarks were used as the only indicator of tiger numbers.
ii)An advanced Scientific process was adopted which included video trapping and use of satellite data.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
Choose the right option:
a) Only i is incorrect
b) Only ii is incorrect
c) Both i and ii are incorrect
d) Both i and ii are not incorrect
Answer: ( a) Only i is incorrect
8. In the Sunderbans, the tiger Census took place for the first time. In which one of the following states of India Sunderbans is located?
a) West Bengal
C) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
Answer: (a) West Bengal, next to the Bay of Bengal
9. Scientists, at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute UK, for the first time identified genetic mutations that lead to the development of acute myeloid leukaemia. Acute myeloid leukaemia is a cancer of the__.
a) White Blood Cells (WBC)
b) Red blood Cells (RBC)
c) Liver Cells
d) Stem Cells
Answer: (a) White Blood Cells (WBC)
10. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper resigned after a no-confidence vote was passed by 156-145 vote against him in the Canadian Parliament on 25 March 2011. He belongs to which one of the following political parties?
a) Conservative Party
b) Liberal Party
c) Congress Party
d) Democratic Party
Answer: (a) Conservative Party
Read rest of 90 more questions on my another website. just click here Current Affairs MCQs