Must Read 120 Current Affairs MCQs 2012 for All Exams – Set 2
Posted by Admin on February 4, 2012
This is the 2nd set of 120 Current Affairs quizzes. These quizzes will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well. These quizzes are based on Corporate, Economy, Sports, Science, National Current Affairs of India. This will make you better prepared to face competitive examinations like that of IBPS CWE, Bank PO, RRB, NABARD, RBI, LIC, Civil Services, MBA etc.
1. Oman Investment Fund (OIF), the Sultanate of Oman’s sovereign wealth fund, filed application with the government to buy a stake in which of the software solutions company, IT People promoted exchange?
a. Universal Commodity Exchange
b. Agri bourse NCDEX
c. Intercontinental Exchange
d. National Spot Exchange Limited
2. Which company on 27 Deember 2011 mentioned that it would acquire the remaining 51 per cent stake from BP Alternative Energy Holdings in the joint venture that it formed with BP?
a. Reliance Power
b. Tata Power
c. Adani Power Limited
d. ABB Ltd
3. Which paharmaceutical company announced in December 2011 the launch of Supamovecream used for treating pain and inflammation in India?
c. Dr. Reddy’s
d. Sun Pharmaceuticals
4. Name the state-run Mumbai-headquartered bank which on 29 December 2011 surprised the market by cutting its base rate, the minimum lending rate, by 10 basis points, thereby becoming the first banker this year to do so when others are waiting for a signal from the central bank.
a. State Bank of India
b. Union Bank
c. United Bank of India
d. Allahabad Bank
5. The $35-billion Aditya Birla group plans to set up a viscose staple fibre (VSF) plant in the Adana Organised Industrial Zone in which of the following countries?