Current affairs 2012 for All Competitive exams | Current Affairs March 2012 quiz | gk questions | current affairs for civil services|General knowledge| IBPS | SBI | Bank po|RRB|SSC|State PSC|MBA Entrence|Railway exams. So enjoy reading… :)
1. Who is crowned Miss India World 2012?
Chandigarh girl Vanya Mishra is crowned the Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2012 in a glittering grand finale of the 49th edition of the beauty pageant. The Miss India Earth title went to 24-year-old Prachi Mishra of Pune, while Chennai girl Rochelle Maria Rao, 23, is crowned as the Miss India International. Read More
2. Name the cricket personality called ‘The Wall’ who retired from International cricket recently.
- Rahul Dravid
The 39-year-old Batting great Rahul Dravid, the second most prolific batsman in the game’s history and India’s middle order bulwark for years, on Friday bid adieu to Test cricket, bringing down the curtain on a glorious 16-year career. Read More
3. Which country has India agreed ‘in-principle’ to the participation in hydro power-projects in the North-East?
4. Name the Tech-savvy state which set a record by winning the National Tourism Award for its website for 5th time in last 10 years.
5. Which Malayalam language daily has tied up with Yahoo India to deliver premium digital content in Malayalam?
6. Name the Delhi-based group which has been nominated in the best international brand/group award at the British Reggae Industry Awards.
7. Which movie of Indian filmmaker Mani Ratnam is now part of the permanent collection at the Austrian Film Museum?
8. Who has been awarded the Pritzker Architecture Prize considered as Nobel prize in Architecture?
9. Which railway station became the first railway network to offer BluFi, a combination of Bluetooth and WiFi to provide information to passengers?
Bangalore City Railway Station
10. Which state bagged the second best national award in the Comprehensive Development Of Tourism category?
11. Name the Kerala-based UAE business magnate who was awarded with Interfaith Harmony Award at Kuala Lumpur.
12. Name the men’s mixed doubles winner of the ATP Dubai Open 2012.
Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna
13. When was the World’s oldest post office opened as it celebrates its 300th anniversary?
1712 in Sanquhar, London
14. Name the Indian American filmmaker who won the ’2012 Rising Star Award’ for his feature film ’9 Eleven’ at the Canada International Film Festival.
Manan Singh Katohora
15. Who won the women’s Kabaddi World Cup championship?
16. Who is expected to visit India with export of gas and investment on agenda?
Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al Thani
17. Who has been elected as Russian President?
18. Name the West Indian cricketer who died in a car accident recently.
- Runako Morton aged 33 Read More
19. Name India’s first 3D dance film.
ABCD (Any Body Can Dance)
20. Which 4 financial institutions have agreed to form country’s first $2 billion (about Rs.10,000 crore) Infrastructure Development Fund to finance infrastructure projects in India?
Bank of Baroda, ICICI Bank, LIC and Citi Financial
21. Who has been appointed as MD of Hyundai Motor India Ltd.?
Bo Shin Seo
22. Which Chinese Electric company has started office in India?
23. Which university conferred honoris causa(as honorary academic degree) during its 12th convocation to the finance minister Pranab Mukherjee?
24. Which India’s leading commodity exchange would be listed on the BSE making it India’s first exchange to be listed?
Multi Commodity Exchange
25. Which western India university will start the Institute of International Studies?
M S University
26. HSBC will sell its general insurance for US $914 million to which 2 companies?
AXA Group and QBE Insurance Group
27. Against which team India will play one-off Twenty20 International cricket on March 30th 2012 to commemorate the 150 years of settlement of Indians in that country?
28. Who retained his title of being the world’s richest Indian in Forbes magazine’s annual list of the world’s richest people?
29. Name the music director – king of soft melodies who passed away recently.
Ravi Shankar Sharma
30. Who has been appointed as head coach of the Pakistan cricket team?
31. Name the bank that has entered into a partnership with Remit2home to offer Sri Lankans to transfer money back home.
Nations Trust Bank
32. Where is Kerala a film city is to be built?
Varikkassery Mana at Ottapalam
33. Who will be appointed as CEO of L&T?
34. Name the chocolate boy of Hindi cinema during 1960′s who passed away recently.
35. Who is appointed as ISI chief of Pakistan Government?
Lt. Gen. Zaheerul Islam
36. Which Indian NGO has been chosen for America’s first Innovation Award for the Empowerment of Women and Girls, for training and organising wastepickers and eliminating child labour from recycling?
37. What is the reduced CRR of scheduled banks as revised by RBI at 75 basis points?
38. At what value did Euro zone finance ministers release 2nd bailout package for debt-hit Greece?
39. Where was the International Financial Hub inaugurated in India recently?
New Town, Kolkata
40. What is the extended number of days for advance reservation of Indian railway tickets?
41. Which state has recorded an increase in foodgrains production that touched 50.22 lakh tonnes during Kharif 2011 season?
42. Name the ambulance launched for farmers in Andhra Pradesh by Srihari Kotela, a Charterted Accountant.
Rythu Ratham (Tollfree – 18002666208)
43. Which non-banking finance arm of Tata Sons have decided to ramp up its travel business and focus on the retail segment?
44. Which financial service will Nokia close in India?
45. Which rank does India hold as per U5MR rates by UNICEF?
46. Who will take over the rein of Deutsche Bank CEO at the end of May 2012?
47. Who was sworn in as Uttarkhand’s Chief Minister?
- Vijay Bahuguna
48. Name the Indian railway minister who will present Railway Budget 2012-13.
49. Who has been appointed as Director General of Police for Punjab?
Sumedh Singh Saini
50. Who and at what age became 5th time Chief Minister of Punjab?
Parkash Singh Badal
51. Where was FICCI FRAMES 2012 – Asia’s largest global convention on film media and entertainment inaugurated?
52. Who is sworn as youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh?
- Akhilesh Yadav at the age of 38 years. Read More
53. What is the proposed capital support to be infused to PSU’s and financial institutions during the next fiscal year as per Budget 2012-13?
54. Who has been appointed as Additional Advocate General of Tamil Nadu?
55. From which tax will RBI be spared?
56. Who won the Australian Grand Prix 2012?
57. Who won the Swiss Open 2012 title against China’s Shixian Wang?
58. Who will replace Dinesh Trivedi as Railway Minister?
Mukul Roy Read More
59. The indoor hall built at Orissa Cricket Association is named of which cricket personality?
Sachin Tendulkar Indoor Hall
60. Who has been elected as German President?
61. Which bank recently celebrated its 75th anniversary?
Indian Overseas Bank
62. As Jet Airways discontinues JetLite, which company it is set to merge?
63. Name the hockey player who was declared the winner of ‘Survivor India’.
64. Expand – NPCI
National Payment Corporation of India
65. Which Indian city has been selected as city of focus at the Toronto International Film Festival 2012?
66. Who has been named for Dada Saheb Phalke award?
67. Which European nation has tied up with the Indian Railways to renovate 14 railway stations in India?
68. Name the Goa Tourism minister who died of heart attack recently?
69. Which team won the cricket Asia Cup 2012?
70. Expand – NBFC
Non-Banking Finance Companies
71. Which British newspaper won the annual Press Awards – the Oscars of British Journalism?
Daily Mail (Newspaper and Website of the year)
72. What amount of loan for education has been offered to India by World Bank?
73. 64 years after Independence which Indian state saw a locomotive train for the first time?
Manipur (12km from Jiribam to Dholakhal)
74. Longding became the 17th district of which Indian state?
75. Israeli Government is planning to setup 3 agricultural excellence centres in which Indian state?
76. Who has been nominated for World bank President post by US President?
Korean-American Physician-Anthropologist Jim Yong Kim
77. Who will be appointed as Army chief to succeed Gen.V.K.Singh?
- Lt. Gen. Bikram Singh Read More
78. Who won 2nd silver medal in the men’s 50m rifle three position at the Amir of Kuwait International Shooting Grand Prix?
79. Name the new tax norms which will come into effect from April 1st 2012.
GAAR – General Anti-Avoidance Rules
80. Which 2 banking facilities would not require signature attestation instead only thumb impression as per RBI?
Fixed deposits and Opening a bank locker
81. Which state will get its first commercial dairy for processing of camel milk into various products in Kutch district once the provision is made in its 2012-13 budget?
82. Who is appointed as chairman of Haldia Petrochemicals?
Kolkata’s industry minister Partha Chatterjee
83. Who is named as Peace ambassador of world religious Parliament?
Pt.Arjun Prasad Bastola
84. Who is appointed as Wipro’s banking head?
85. Who was named as the winner of the Templeton Prize 2012 for his contribution to affirming life’s spiritual dimension?
86. Name the bill passed against conduct of any constitutional authority in India.
Judicial Accountability Bill
87. Where in India Guru Gobind Singh refinery will be inaugurated in April 2012?
Bathinda, Southwest Punjab
88. Where in Chennai is the 2nd airport is to be setup?
89. Where in Arunachal Pradesh Reserve Bank of India is planning to open its office?
90. Which Indian state passed Rs.201.05 crore deficit budget for the financial year 2012-13?
91. Which IPL cricket team signed up with UNICEF in a bid to support the adolescent girls in India?
92. Who has replaced Shankar Bidari as DGP and IG in Karnataka?
93. Which Indian state would celebrate 77th foundation day on 1st April 2012?
Odisha or Orissa
94. Name the 26/11 Mumbai terror survivor who has been selected as a flag bearer at the London 2012 Olympics.
95. Name the PSU bank whose 108 branches were inaugurated electronically by Union Minister of State for Finance Namo Narain Meena.