Current affairs 2010 for bank exams | Current Affairs November – December 2010 quiz | objective questions | SBI | gk questions | current affairs for civil services | General knowledge| Competitive exams | Bank po|RRB|Railway exams. So enjoy reading… :)
1. Who has been crowned Miss Earth Talent 2010 ?
India’s Nicole Faria has been crowned Miss Earth Talent 2010 after beating 17 other contestants at a talent competition in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.
Ms. Faria, a 20-year-old girl from Bangalore, won the title at the talent show with a scintillating belly dance that combines Oriental and Middle Eastern style.
2. Who has been appointed as the General Secretary (GS) of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) with effect from November 1, 2010?
3. Who are the joint winners of 25th Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration Award?
Oscar Award winning music composer A R Rahman and the Ramkrishna Mission Ashram at Narainpur in the Bastar region of Chhattisgarh received the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration-2010. The award carries a citation and a cash prize of Rs 500,000.
4. For the first time in nearly 20 years a commercial airliner from a European Country has flown into Iraqi capital Baghdad. Which is that country?
A plane operated by France’s Aigle Azur landed in Baghdad on October 31, 2010 becoming the first flight from a European airline to arrive in the city since a 1990 international embargo on Iraq.
5. The UN biodiversity meeting which has agreed a 10-year plan aimed at preserving nature held in?
6. who becomes the first Test batsmen to reach 50 centuries ?
- Sachin Tendulkar
50th historic hundred that he struck against South Africa in the opening Test at Centurion, on December 19, 2010. Read More Here
7. Who becomes the most hated French president in more than 50 years according to a recent French poll?
8. Classical flute exponent who will be conferred the Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, the highest civilian award in France, by the French government for his contribution to music?
9. Prime Minister of Somalia?
Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed.
10. China on November 1, 2010 launched its sixth satellite that will become part of its satellite navigation and positioning network Name of that satellite?
The Beidou or Compass navigation satellite.
It launched from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in Sichuan Province, southwest China. The Beidou will join China’s other five satellites already in orbit to form a network or system that will eventually consist of 35 orbiters.
11. Which team created a unique record in the match against Rajasthan by getting all out for a meager 21 runs, the lowest total by any team in the Ranji Trophy matches?
Debutant Deepak Chahar (Rajasthan’s 18-year-old medium-pacer) made an amazing debut by claiming 8 wickets, his bowling reads 7.3-2-10-8 in this match. The previous Ranji record was set in the first season (1934-35), when Southern Punjab were bowled out for 22 chasing 114 against Northern India in Amritsar.
12. Who has won the World Professional Billiards title-2010 for the ninth time in his career?
He beat India’s Dhruv Sitwala in the final to claim the £6,000 winner’s cheque and the trophy.
13. Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords who resigned recently following his suspension from the House over his expenses claims?
House of Lords is the upper house of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
14. Which countries signed defense agreements on November 2, 2010 that promised cooperation including the creation of a joint expeditionary force, shared use of aircraft carriers and combined efforts to improve the safety and effectiveness of their nuclear weapons?
France and Britain.
15. The South Africa fast bowler who has announced his retirement from international cricket on November 2, 2010?
He was the first ethnically black player to play for the South African team. He is the third South African to take 300 Test wickets after Shaun Pollock and Allan Donald. On the 17 December 2009 he played his 100th Test, becoming the only black South African cricketer to reach that mark. He took 390 wickets in Tests and 266 wickets in ODIs.
16. Who has been posted as DGP of Fire and Rescue Services of Kerala?
17. Who has bagged The Hindu Best Fiction Award 2010 which was instituted by The Hindu Literary Review as a prelude to celebrating its 20th year in 2011?
His novel “Serious Men” bagged the award which carries a cash prize of Rs.5 lakh and a plaque. “The Hindu” is the name of the newspaper which has established the prize.
18. Who has been presented lifetime achievement award at the Global Indian Music Awards(GIMA) 2010?
- Lata Mangeshkar
19. Man of the Match winners of One Day International Cricket Series between Australia and Sri Lanka held in Australia in November 2010.
First ODI played at Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) on November 3, 2010:
Man of the Match: Angelo Mathews. (Sri Lanka) He scored 77 runs.
Result: Sri Lanka beat Australia by 1 wicket.
Second ODI played at Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Sydney on November 5, 2010:
Man of the Match: Upul Tharanga. (Sri Lanka) He scored 86 runs.
Result: Sri Lanka beat Australia by 29 runs (D/L method).
Third ODI played at Brisbane Cricket Ground on November 7, 2010:
Man of the Match: Clint McKay. (Australia) He took 5 wickets for 33 runs.
Result: Australia beat Sri Lanka by 8 wickets.
Series Result: Sri Lanka won 3 ODI series 2-1.
20. Who won the Player of the Series Award in the 3 ODI Cricket series between Australia and Sri Lanka held in Australia in November 2010?
Lasith Malinga. (Sri Lanka).
21. Man of the match winners of 5match ODI Cricket series between South Africa and Pakistan held in Abu Dhabi in November 2010.
3rd ODI played at Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium, Dubai on November 2, 2010:
Man of the match: Hashim Amla (South Africa). He scored 119 runs from 126 balls.
Result: South Africa beat Pakistan by 2 runs.
4th ODI played at Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium, Dubai on November 5, 2010:
Man of the match: Younus Khan (Pakistan). He scored 73 runs.
Result: Pakistan beat South Africa by 1 wicket.
5th ODI played at Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium, Dubai on November 8, 2010:
Man of the match: Jacques Kallis (South Africa). He scored 83 runs and took 3 wickets.
Result: South Africa beat Pakistan by 57 runs.
SERIES RESULT: South Africa wins the 5 ODI series 3-2.
22. Who won the Player of the Series Award in the 5match ODI Cricket series between South Africa and Pakistan held in Abu Dhabi?
Hashim Amla. (South Africa)
23. Indian-American who has created the history on November 3, 2010 by becoming first woman to won the South Carolina Governor seat in United States midterm polls?
24. Who has been appointed the interim president of the Hockey India?
She is the head of Hockey Kerala.
25. The Ace Shooter who was India’s flag-bearer at the opening ceremony of the 16th Asian Games in Guangzhou, China?
He became the fifth shooter to carry the national flag at the opening ceremony of a mega event like the Asian Games.
26. National Centre for Molecular Materials (NCMM), the first of its kind Institute in the country will be established at?
27. Who has been named the most powerful person in the world by Forbes, ahead of US President Barack Obama who is ranked second among 68 people?
Hu Jintao, Chinese President.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi ranks 9th on the Forbes 2010 list of the ”World”s Most Powerful People. Manmohan Singh comes in at number 18. India”s business tycoons Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani, Tata Sons Chairman Ratan Tata and head of ArcelorMittal, Lakshmi Mittal also make the list.
28. The Qatar-based and state-owned broadcast network which is all set to launch its English news channel in India over the next three or four weeks?
29. Man of the Match winners of 3 Test Cricket series between India and New Zealand held in India on November 2010.
First test played at Ahmedabad on November 4, 2010:
Man of the match: Harbhajan Singh. (India)He scored 69 in first innings and 115 in second innings.
Result: India drew with New Zealand.
Second test played at Hyderabad on November 12, 2010:
Man of the match: Brendon McCullum (New Zealand). He scored 225 runs in second innings.
Result: India drew with New Zealand.
Third test played at Nagpur on November 20, 2010:
Man of the match: Rahul Dravid (India). He scored 191runs in first innings.
Result: India beat New Zealand by an innings and 198 runs.
SERIES RESULT: India wins the 3 Test series 1-0.
30. Who won the Player of the series award in the three Test Cricket series between India and New Zealand held in India on November 2010?
Harbhajan Singh (India).
31. Which country has decided to open its Consulate at Bali to strengthen its commercial ties with Indonesia?
32. Name of the world’s most active and dangerous volcano which erupted with renewed ferocity in Indonesia on 05-11-2010 killing more than 100 peoples?
Mount Merapi is an active stratovolcano located on the border between Central Java and Yogyakarta, Indonesia. It is the most active volcano in Indonesia and has erupted regularly since 1548. The name Merapi could be loosely translated as ‘Mountain of Fire’.
33. Which country has closed its airspace for Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), the country’s national flag carrier, for failing to get the required renewal of permission in time?
Pakistan also imposed ban on Russian aircraft flying from Pakistani airports on November 30,2010 .The decision was taken following the crash of the ill-fated Russian cargo plane close to Karachi Airport just minutes after take-off that left 12 people dead including eight Russians on board.
34. Name of the woman who believed to be the world’s oldest person died at the age of 114 in the French Caribbean island of St. Barts?
She at the age of 114 years, 261 days was the oldest living person at the time of her death. She became the recognised titleholder upon the death of Japanese super centenarian Kama Chinen on 2 May 2010.
35. Who wins Hong Kong Open 2010 ?
- Saina Nehwal
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal rallied to register a scintilliating three-game victory over Shixian Wang of China to clinch her third Super Series title of the year at the Hong Kong Open in Wanchai Devember 12..
36. Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested the indigenously designed and developed aircraft jet engine during the Flying Test Bed (FTB) Trials at Gromov Flight Research Institute (GFRI), Moscow, Russia on November 4,2010. Name of that Engine?
GTRE GTX-35VS Kaveri. (Kaveri Engine).
An indigenous Indian design, the Kaveri was intended to power production models of the HAL Tejas fighter, originally called the “Light Combat Aircraft” (LCA), but it was officially de-linked from HAL Tejas program in September, 2008. Kaveri Engine is an afterburning turbofan being developed by the Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE), a lab under the DRDO in Bangalore, India.
N.B: Turbofan is a type of aircraft jet engine based around a gas turbine engine.
37. Which country has imposed sanctions on Pakistan-based terror groups Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) on November 4, 2010?
38. Which country has been ranked at 119th position on the Human Development Index?
The Human Development Index which measures a country’s progress in development of its economy, people and other aspects. Among the 169 countries, Norway, Australia and New Zealand were at the top position. Meanwhile, Niger, Democratic Republic of Congo and Zimbabwe were at the bottom of the list.
39. Which country has recently signed $10 billion (nearly Rs.44, 000 crore) worth deals with U.S.A for creating more than 50,000 jobs back in the U.S?
40. Former Chief Minister of West Bengal who died recently at his south Kolkata residence after a prolonged illness?
Siddhartha Shankar Ray.
He was Education Minister of Government of India during 1967-1972. He was also the ambassador of India to the United States of America. He served as the Chief Minister of West Bengal from 1972 to 1977.
41. Name of the Indian who has been elected as member of Advisory Committee on Budgetary and Administrative Questions (ACABQ) – an affiliated body of U.N. General Assembly?
Ms.Namgya C Khampa. (Representing India from the Asian region)
ACABQ, the 16-member advisory body, plays a crucial role in keeping the UN’s financial house in order, including supervision of its overall budget of 22 billion dollar. Besides India, Japan and China were also elected from the Asian region’s three open seats. Pakistan contested from the Asian region but could not make it.
42. Name of the Indian who has been elected as member Independent Audit Advisory Committee (IAAC) – an affiliated body of U.N. General Assembly?
Vinod Rai (Represents India from the Asian group).
IAAC recommended by acclamation the three-year appointment of Mr. Rai (from the Asian group); Vadim Vadimovich Dubinkin of Russia (from the Eastern Europe group); Adrian Patrick Strachan of Jamaica (from the Latin America-Caribbean group).Their terms of office begin on January 1, 2011.IAAC of the United Nations is established as a subsidiary body of the General Assembly to serve in an expert advisory capacity and to assist the General Assembly in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities.
43. In which country world’s tallest statue of Jesus unveiled on November 21, 2010?
Poland. The statue of Jesus stands at 36 metres (118 feet) is located in Swiebodzin, western Poland.
44. Wicket Keeper of Pakistan Cricket Team who has retired from international cricket and sought political asylum in Britain amid alleged threats from match-fixers?
Haider left the Pakistan team in Dubai and flew to London after claiming he had been offered money to lose matches against South Africa.
45. British Royal family has created a profile on a social networking site on Nov 8, 2010. Which is that social networking site?
46. Chief Minister of Maharashtra who resigned on November 9,2010from his post following Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society scam?
47. Secretary of the Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) who resigned in the wake of allegations of corruption in Commonwealth Games?
48. Who became the first enlisted Sikh soldier to complete basic training in US Army since 1984 while maintaining his turban and unshorn hair?
Simran Preet Singh Lamba.
49. Who has been named the brand ambassador for the 2011 cricket World Cup that would be co-hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh?
50. The trial of eight police officers charged with the murder of prominent human rights activist in the Democratic Republic of Congo has started recently. Name of that human rights activist who was killed in June, 2010?
He was also the head of the charity “Voice of the Voiceless”
51. Man of the Match Winners of Two Test Cricket matches between South Africa and Pakistan held in U.A.E in November 2010:
First test match played at Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium, Dubai from November 12, 2010:
Man of the Match: Younus Khan (Pakistan). He scored 35 runs in first innings and 131(not out) in second innings.
Result: Pakistan drew with South Africa.
Second test match played at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi from November 20, 2010:
Man of the Match: AB de Villiers (South Africa). He scored 278 runs in first innings and 25 runs in second innings.
Result: Pakistan drew with South Africa.
52. Who won the Player of the series award in the Two Test Cricket matches between South Africa and Pakistan held in U.A.E in November 2010?
Jacques Kallis (South Africa).
53. Who has become the first Christian woman in Pakistan to be sentenced to death for blasphemy?
Asia, who worked with many other local Muslim women on the farm of Muslim landowner, was pressured to renounce Christianity and accept Islam. Asia allegedly responded by telling the Muslim women that Christ died on the cross for our sins. She added that Jesus is alive and “Our Christ is the true prophet of God. This provoked the Muslim women in the farm. Later some coworkers complained to a cleric that Bibi made derogatory comments about Muhammad. A mob came to her house, beating her and members of her family before she got rescued by the police. The police were under pressure from this Muslim mob, including clerics. She spent more than a year in jail. In November 2010 Naveed Iqbal, judge at the at court of Sheikhupura, Punjab, “totally ruled out” that there was any false implication, saw “no mitigating circumstances”, and sentenced her to death by hanging. Additionally, a fine of an equivalent of $1,100 was imposed.
Blasphemy is irreverence toward holy personages, religious artifacts, customs, and beliefs.
54. The Nobel Peace Prize winner and pro-democracy leader of Burma who has been released by Myanmar’s military government recently?
Aung San Suu Kyi.
This 65-year-old Nobel Peace Prize laureate, whose latest period of detention spanned 7 1/2 years, has come to symbolise the struggle for democracy in the Southeast Asian nation ruled by the military since 1962.
55. Who won the first gold of the 16th Asian Games by winning the men’s Changquan title in wushu?
Yuan Xiaochao (China).
56. Information Technology and Communications Minister of India who resigned over his alleged involvement in the 2G spectrum allocation scam?
The 2G spectrum allocations caused an alleged loss of Rs1.76 lakh crore to the Government, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has stated in a damning report.
57. Which Asian country along with 40 other countries has been elected to the board of the new UN agency to promote equality for women?
The board to have representatives from 10 African countries, 10 Asian countries, four Eastern European countries, six Latin American and Caribbean countries and five countries from Western Europe. Asian Countries elected to the board of U.N.Women are Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Republic of Korea and Timor
The agency will be headed by Chile’s former president Michelle Bachelet and is expected to be fully operational in January 2011.
58. Indian environmentalist who has been named as one of the seven most powerful feminists in the world, according to a compilation in Forbes magazine?
59. Renowned Indian-origin academician who has been named alongside US Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke and Nobel laureate Paul Krugman among the seven most powerful economists in the world, according to a compilation in Forbes magazine?
60. Who was given the additional charge of the telecom ministry held by A Raja, who recently resigned facing allegations of scam in 2G spectrum allocation?
He was also given the additional charge of Ministries of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, which fell vacant after incumbent Prithviraj Chavan was made Chief Minister of Maharashtra. V Narayansamy, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, was given additional charge of Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), which also fell vacant after Chavan’s departure.
61. Man of the match winners of 3 Test Cricket series between West Indies and Sri Lanka held in Sri Lanka in November 2010.
First test played at Galle International Stadium, Galle from November 15, 2010:
Player of the Match: Chris Gayle (West Indies). He scored 333 runs in first Innings.
Result: Sri Lanka drew with West Indies.
Second test played at R.Premadasa Stadium (Khettarama), Colombo from November 23, 2010:
Player of the Match: Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka). He scored 150 runs in first innings.
Result: Sri Lanka drew with West Indies.
62. Which country decided to pay millions of pounds in compensation to former Guantanamo Bay detainees following weeks of negotiations between lawyers for the government and the former prisoners?
63. Which company recently decided to shut down its match box manufacturing unit in Chennai (i.e. Chennai plant of Wimco) and has given voluntary retirement to all its employees?
The matchbox business, undertaken by the Chennai unit, would be outsourced to the small-scale sector as the production of matchboxes had become unviable due to the excise-duty disadvantage.
64. Which magazine has won the International Press Institute (IPI) India Award for Excellence in Journalism, 2010 for its outstanding journalistic work done during 2009?
65. Two-day NATO summit, a meeting of the heads of state and heads of government of NATO held in?
The summit also known as the 2010 Lisbon summit held on 19 and 20 November 2010.
NATO’s new strategic concept, NATO operations in Afghanistan and relations with Russia and other major issues discussed in that summit.
66. Name of a Jupiter-like extra solar planet orbiting the star HIP 13044, about 2,000 light years away from the Earth located on the outskirts of our Milky Way galaxy discovered recently by Astronomers?
HIP 13044b. Its discovery was announced on November 18, 2010. The study that led to the discovery of the planet was performed by a team from the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy.
67. Who has been ranked by the Time magazine as the 9th most powerful woman of the past century, a list that also includes Mother Teresa?
Besides Gandhi, only Mother Teresa, who is ranked 22nd, from India included in the list. The list of ’25 Most Powerful Women of the Past Century’ is topped by Jane Addams, an outspoken advocate for women’s suffrage, who was the first American woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
68. Name of a long-haired Chihuahua who becomes the smallest police dog in world?
(Momo, a seven-year-old Chihuahua, poses during a police dog examination held at Koriyama, western Japan)
The seven-year-old long-haired Chihuahua qualified as a search-and-rescue dog employed by police in Nara prefecture, western Japan. Most search and rescue dogs are German Shepherds. Police are hoping that Momo can be used for search and rescue operations for disasters like earthquakes. Momo is Japanese for “Peach.”
Chihuahua is the smallest breed of dog and is named after the state of Chihuahua in Mexico.
69. National Award winning cinematographer from Kerala who recently passed away in Chennai on Monday due to Alzheimer’s.
Mankada Ravi Varma.
He served as cinematographer for noted Directors like Adoor Gopalakrishnan, Aravindan and PN Menon. He won two National Awards for cinematography, one for Adoor Gopalakrishnan’s Swayamvaram in 1972. In 2000, he won it for his documentary, Kalamandalam Gopi. He won seven Kerala State Film Awards in various categories. In 1984, he directed his first film, Nokkukuthi, which won him another National Award and a State award. It was based on a poem by noted Malayalam poet, M Govindan. He also directed Kunjikoonan in 1989.
70. Which country launched a massive spy satellite on 21-11-2010 for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)?
The satellite was launched through Delta 4 carrier rocket -on behalf of “NRO”, the U.S. administration which manages spy satellites- from UAL (United Launch Alliance, a Boeing-Lockheed Martin joint-venture), and it departed from the USAF’s installation in Cape Canaveral (Florida).
71. Who was elected as President of the Karnataka State Cricket Association?
Kumble’s men won 23 out of the 24 posts and he defeated current president Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wadiyar by 43 votes.
Former fast bowler Jawagal Srinath elected as Secretary. Former India seamer Venkatesh Prasad, who was elected vice president along with Roger Binny.
72. Who has been crowned the 2010 Male World Athlete of the Year at the World Athletics Gala in Monte Carlo?
David Rudisha. (Kenya).
He is a Kenyan middle distance runner and world record holder in the 800 metres with a time of 1:41.01. Rudisha holds four of the ten fastest times for this event. In November 2010, at the age of 21, he became the youngest ever athlete to win the IAAF World Athlete of the Year award. He also won the Kenyan Sportsman of the Year award.
73. Who has been crowned the 2010 Female World Athlete of the Year at the World Athletics Gala in Monte Carlo?
Blanka Vlasic (Croatia).
She is the current Croatian record holder in high jump, and also the current World Champion both indoors and outdoors. Her personal best jump of 2.08 m was set on 31 August 2009 and is the second highest height cleared in the history of the event.
74. A woman, who has helped almost 12000 women and girls find their way out from sex slavery, has been chosen as the CNN Hero of the Year 2010. Name of that woman?
She and her group (Maiti Nepal) have helped more than 12,000 victims of Nepal’s sex trafficking business. She is the Founder and Executive Director of Maiti Nepal which has provided more than a shelter for these girls and young women.
75. More than 378 people were killed in a stampede in a country in Southeast Asia during the final day of the annual Water Festival held in its capital city on November 2010. Which is that country?
76. Chief Minister of Andra Pradesh who resigned on November 24, 2010 citing his inability to withstand the work-pressure because of his age?
The 78-year-old leader had taken over as the chief minister on Sep 3 last year following the death of Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy in a helicopter crash.
77. Who becomes the 16th Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh after Rosaiah resigns citing personal reasons?
Kiran Kumar Reddy.
78. India recently decided to set up two test ranges for radar-based electronic warfare (EW) systems. The two test ranges will come up at?
Chitradurga in Karnataka and Tandur in Andhra Pradesh.
79. The chief executive officer of LIC Housing Finance who has been arrested by CBI in connection with an alleged multi-crore housing finance racket?
80. Who is appointed as the new chief executive of LIC Housing Finance after RR Nair’s arrest by the CBI in connection with the multi-crore housing loan fraud?
V K Sharma.
81. Who has been selected for the prestigious Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2010?
Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brazilian President.
Mr. Lula was selected for the award for promoting strong ties among developing countries, promoting inclusive growth and for his contribution to the cause of India-Brazil partnership.
82. Which country won the gold medal in Men’s football of Asian Games-2010?
They defeated United Arab Emirates 1-0 in the final in Guangzhou. The only goal was score by Yuki Saneto in the 74th minute. Bronze medal was won by Korea who got it after defeating Iran 4-3.
83. Who won the man of the match award in the first test cricket match (Ashes) played between Australia and England held in Brisbane Cricket Ground, Australia from November 25,2010?
Alastair Cook (England). He scored 65 in first innings and scored unbeaten 235 in second innings.
Result: Australia drew with England.
84. South Korean Defense Minister who has resigned from his post following widespread criticism that the country has not been adequately responding to continued provocation by North Korea?
85. A Walther air pistol of which James Bond actor has fetched $415,875 at Christie’s auction house in London on 25-11-2010?
The pistol was used in promotional shots featuring star Sean Connery for the 1963 film ‘From Russia with Love’. This is a world record for a James Bond gun.
86. The Delhi court on November 27, 2010, ordered registration of FIR against a Hurriyat leader and an Indian writer for allegedly making anti-India speeches.
Who are they?
Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Arundhati Roy.
87. India’s indigenously developed 20th nuclear reactor became operational in the southern state of Karnataka on 27th November 2010, making it the sixth country in the world to have over 20 nuclear power plants in operation. Where is that nuclear power plant located in Karnataka?
The 220 MW capacity Unit 4 of the Kaiga Atomic Power Station started at Kaiga in the state, taking the total installed atomic power capacity in the country to 4780 MW.
88. Which country introduced new English language Test from November 29, 2010 for non- European migrants who apply for a visa to enter or remain in that country as a partner or spouse of that country’s citizen or person settled there?
Applicants should pass an English language test with a UK Border Agency-approved test provider. The list of approved test providers and further guidance is available on the UK Border Agency’s website.
89. Which country has introduced its first ever electronic passport that contains micro chipped information and is designed to foil forgers?
90. Who won the Man of the match award in the first ODI cricket between India and New Zealand held in Guwahati on November 28, 2010?
Virat Kohli (India). He scored 105 runs.
Result: India beat New Zealand by 40 runs.
91. Who beat Rafael Nadal in three sets to win the ATP World Tour Finals for a fifth time?
Federer is the first man since Ivan Lendl and Pete Sampras to have won the year-end championship five times.
92. The 2010 United Nations Climate Change Conference was held in?
Cancun, Mexico, from 29 November to 10 December 2010.
93. A quantum physicist worked with the Iranian Atomic Energy Commission who was killed in Bomb attack by unidentified assailants on November 29, 2010?
He specialised in neutron transport, a phenomenon that lies at the heart of nuclear chain reactions in bombs and reactors. The killers had attached bombs his car and detonated them from a distance.
94. Literary critic and Malayalam writer, who has won the Kerala State’s highest literary honour,’Ezhuthachan award-2010’?
Dr M Leelavathi.
95. Employees of which broadcaster conducted two-day strike over pension changes that has caused widespread disruption to the broadcaster’s programmes?
BBC. (British Broadcasting Corporation).
96. List of Important Sports Result 2010.
- Click Here Important Sports Results 2010
97. Nobel Prizes are awarded every year on ?
- 10th December
98. First woman president of Brazil, the biggest nation in South America?
She won the presidential elections defeating conservative candidate Jose Serra. She was the candidate of Worker’s Party (PT).
99. Who has appointed as the chief executive officer of LIC Housing Finance with effect from November 25 ?
- VK Sharma appointed as the chief executive officer of LIC Housing Finance.
100. Who has been appointed as Chief Strategy Officer for EMC’s government business ?
- Kamalkar Kaul
101. Who has been crowned Mazza Miss India New York 2010 ?
- Sabrina Bachai aged 23 of Long Island
102. Former Russian prime minister died recently who served as prime minister in the 1990s as the country emerged from communism and developed as a market economy?
Source:- Google News, Times of India, Questionsforall.blogspot.com,The Hindu