Current affairs 2012 for All Competitive exams | Current Affairs January 2012 quiz | gk questions | current affairs for civil services|General knowledge| IBPS | Bank po|RRB|SSC|State PSC|MBA Entrence|Railway exams. So enjoy reading…
1. Youngest ever Microsoft Certified Professional who died recently at the age of 16 ?
Arfa Karim Randhawa Read More
2. What is the total number of districts in Chhattisgarh as on 1st January 2012?
3. Where the Coastal Business Development Summit is is held?
4. Name the DGP replacing outgoing chief Sankar Baruah for Assam.
Jayanta Narayan Choudhury
5. Where National Kannada conference is is set to be held in the month of April?
6. Which country recently joined UNSC as non-permanent member?
7. Who are now allowed to invest in Indian stock market directly?
QFI’s – Qualified foreign investors
8. How much of share can a QFI company and QFI’s put together hold a stake in Indian companies?
5% and 10%
9. Which two countries have strengthened business ties to start trading electricity and petroleum products?
India and Pakistan
10. What is SEBI toll free helpline number launched to support 14 languages?
1800 227 575
11. Who has been named male player of the year by Golf writers Association of America?
12. Name the Argentinean bike rider who died after being involved in an accident on the first day of the Dakar Rally.
Jorge Martinez Boero
13. Name Afghan’s first team of female boxers set to aim for Olympics 2012.
Shabnam and Sadaf Rahimi
14. Which country test launched first 3D television broadcast?
15. What rank does Vishwanathan Anand holds as he prepares for 2012 World chess championship?
16. Name the former Macedoninan President who passed away recently.
17. Which Indian ace tennis star withdrew out of Aircel Chennai Open 2012 because of recurring shoulder injury?
18. Where the 5-day 99th Indian Science Congress science event is is set to start on 3rd January 2012?
Kalinga Institute of industrial Technology, Bhuvaneshwar, Orrisa
19. What bank account facility is set to be launched in India?
Bank Number Portability
20. Name the new education tablet launched by Classteacher Learning Systems, a Delhi based Educational Solutions Provider.
21. Who has been appointed as chief coach of Kolkata Knight Riders?
22. Where in India is Literary Festival 2012 is scheduled to be held?
23. What is the concept introduced by Indian Postal Department (Bihar Postal Circle) to get a personalized stamp with photograph on it?
24. Who takes over as Wipro Technologies Senior Vice President and Corporate Treasurer?
25. Who has been considered for first Gates Innovation Award?
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
26. Which auto major is set to invest USD142 million at its Chennai plant in India to manufacture a compact sports utility vehicle named EcoSport?
27. Name the Government policy introduced by Karnataka to boost animation industry.
Karnataka Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics (KAVGC) Policy 2011
28. Name the ace woman tennis player who withdrew from Australian Open due to left ankle injury.
29. Who has been named as CEO of Yahoo?
30. Who has been appointed as Senior Vice President in India by CIBER?
31. Name the interactive presentation tool launched by HP in India.
32. Name the Australian cricket captain who joined the triple-century club recently.
Michael Clarke scored 329* against India at SCG
33. Where the national and international theater festival, the Bharat Rang Mahotsav set to be held?
National School of Drama, Amritsar
34. Who won gold for triple jump at the all India inter-university athletics meet held in Mangalore, Karnataka?
35. Who has been named Chief Information Officer of WildCard Systems?
36. Who has been appointed as VP, Chief Information Officer of Qwest Communications?
37. Name the Indian doctor who became famous for his selfless work in China during the Sino-Japan war whose memorial was dedicated to India.
Dr.Dwarkanath Shantaram Kotnis
38. Where has Union Government planned to build 11 tunnels to connect important roads?
Pakistan and China borders
39. Which version of Internet Explorer is dead as per Microsoft?
Internet Explorer 6
40. Name the website launched by Jammu and Kashmir government for the state’s school education department.
41. Who was given the first S.K.Singh award for negotiating Indo-US nuclear deal?
D.Bala Venkatesh Varma
42. Where is the world’s largest solar telescope set to be built?
Merak on Pangong Tso lake in the cold desert Ladakh region
43. Who has been appointed as President of Federation of Indian Export Organisations?
44. Which state has planned to teach Bhagavad Gita in schools?
45. Which automobile maker has re-entered Indian markets after 13 years?
46. Who won the doubles title at the Chennai Open 2012?
Leander Peas and Janko Tipsarevic
47. Which country has called for Indian investments and sought partnership in oil and gas exploration?
Trinidad and Tobago
48. Who has been appointed as Managing Director, President and CEO of Samsung’s South- West Asia operations?
49. Name the world’s first hydrogen powered 3-wheeler which was launched by Mahindra and Mahindra at the 11th Auto Expo 2012.
50. Who won the FIFA women’s World player of the year?
Homare Sawa of Japan
51. Who won the FIFA men’s world player of the year 3rd time in a row?
Lionel Messi of Argentina
52. Name the car which won the 2012 North American Car of the year award.
53. Name the Guinea Bissau President who died recently.
Malam Bacai Sanha
54. Name the chairman of Swiss National Bank who stepped down recently.
55. Which company has acquired Bangalore-based event and entertainment guide Buzzintown?
56. Which country’s Prime Minister is to be chief guest at Indian Republic Day parade?
Thailand Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra
57. How many banks are now allowed to import bullion or precious metals?
58. Name the recently added banks to import precious metals.
Yes Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, City Union Bank and ING Vysya Bank
59. Which bollywood actor is campaigning for clean voting?
60. Who took over as Director General Military Operations succeeding Lt Gen Anand Mohan Verma?
Lt Gen Ashok Kumar Chaudhary
61. Name the Chinese dancer who took Bharatanatyam and Kathak to Mao’s China died recently.
62. Where the Quick service cum mobile medical dispensary was inaugurated recently?
Bodh Gaya Temple premises
63. What is the lowest one-day score by Sri Lanka in the recently held match against South Africa?
43 all out
64. What is the worth of total Private equity investment made in India in 2011?
65. Which country has been ranked first on nuclear safety?
66. What has Kerala hospital introduced to diagnose small bowel bleeding sites, tumours and ulcers?
Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
67. Where does the industrial output stand as of November 2011 in India?
68. When did India complete one polio-free year?
13th January 2012
69. What is the cost of cheapest electric car unveiled by Tata in Detroit?
70. Which legendary singer is set to be honoured with lifetime achievement award at the 18th Annual Colors Screen Awards?
71. Who has been appointed to google board recently?
Diane Greene, VMware co-founder
72. Which service the Indian Government has planned to launch for farmers?
Interactive medium of spoken web service
73. Who won gold in Asian shooting championship?
74.Which airways bagged best airline award?
75. Which Indian city is set to host psychiatry conclaves?
76. Which country reported rare decline of foreign reserves?
77. Name India’s first woman journalist who died recently.
78. Who won the Mumbai marathon title recently?
79. Where does inflation stand as on 16th January 2012?
80. Name the scheme launched by Arunachal Pradesh government for the treatment of Multi Drug Resistant TB patients.
Directly Observed Treatment Plus Service (DOTS)
81. Who took charge as Kerala governor?
82. Who won the trust of vote in Parliament of Pakistan?
Yousuf Raza Gilani
83. Which currency is world’s most undervalued currency as per Big Mac Index?
84. Who has been appointed as Director Enterprise Business (India and South Asia) by Adobe?
85. What is the amount received by India in venture capital funding in the solar energy sector?
86. Which Government has bought 1.09% worth stake in Reliance Industries?
87. Which bank is likely to increase their presence in Karnataka from the present 71 to 100 branches?
Bank of Baroda
88. Name the boxer who turned 70 recently.
89. What is the export growth as of December 2011?
6.7% at $25billion
90. Which website is to be shut for 24hrs to stop anti-piracy act?
91. Name the Indian-origin Sikh who has been unanimously elected as the mayor of Charlottesville, a historic American city in Virginia.
Satyendra Singh Huja
92. What fund has India planned to launch by July 2012?
$1 billion innovation fund
93. Where is the India-Burma talks scheduled on January 19th 2012?
Myanmar capital, Naypyitaw
94. Name the Yahoo co-founder who resigned recently.
95. Which global consulting and IT service provider is set to participate in World Economic Forum?
96. Which card has BSNL launched to facilitate making utility bill payments like electricity and telephone bills?
Itz Cash Card (Trust Card)
97. Name the media advisor to Prime Minister who resigned recently.
98. Where India’s first Startup Village is to be setup?
KINFRA Park, Kalamassery, Kochi
99. Expand SOPA & PIPA
Stop Online Piracy Act & Protect IP Act
100. Which photo pioneer company filed bankruptcy recently?
101. Which online video streaming site has launched a film festival?
102. Name the Indian wicketkeeper who is set to debut in place of MS Dhoni in test cricket against Australia.
103. Where is the Jaipur Literature Festival held in India?
Diggi Palace, Jaipur
104. Which file-sharing website has US shut down recently?
105. Petroleum ministry recently allowed import of?
ATF – Aviation Turbine Fuel
106. Name the new kind of train launched by China.
107. Which auto-maker regained its title as the world’s top-selling automaker in 2011?
108. Who is appointed as COO of Intel?
109. Who is appointed as Managing Editor of Wall Street Journal?
110. Where did India open its 5th Consulate in US?
111. Which country is set to join European Union in 2013?
112. Name the year that is been celebrated across China?
113. Who won the Ranji Trophy 2011-12?
114. What rank does India hold to have a nuclear submarine?
115. Which parliament passed Armenian gernocide bill?
116. What is the prevailing CRR as on 25th January 2012?
117. Which state’s theme has been set in 26th Surajkund Crafts Mela in Faridabad, Haryana?
118. Who won Grand slam title in men’s Australian Open 2012?
119. What rank does India hold as steel maker in 2011 as per World Steel Association?
120. What sum of capital has been approved to be infused in SBI and PNB?
Rs.7,900 crore and Rs.1,285 crore